INTEGRATED LOGISTICS SUPPORT ENGINEER | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Nov-2018|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
As an ILS Engineer you will:
- Conduct Logistic Support Analysis (LSA), Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA) and Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) in line with relevant military standards
- Discuss and influence supportability aspects of the Mission system with the design engineering teams
- Prepare ILS products and deliverables in accordance with Statement of Work (SOW) requirements
- Make supportability decisions within your own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Manage, track and report status of your assigned logistic work packages
- Assist in the analysis and development of the Support System infrastructure including spares recommendations, deployment, KPI metric collection and process development
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- An understanding of defence military standards
- Experience in the population of an LSAR database
- An ability to interpret and determine maintenance activities through the review of design drawings and associated data
- Experience in a defence industry performing maintenance activities
- An excellent work ethic, positive attitude and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective and productive engagement abilities with internal/external stakeholders including senior business managers
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, understand and analyse data
- A team orientation, self-motivation and the ability to effectively set priorities
Whilst not essential, the following experience will be highly regarded
- Experience in an electrical/electronics field
- Experience working in defence acquisition programs
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html