PROJECT MANAGER | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:|| Project Manager_PD1298_G8.pdf (PDF, 114KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2018|
- Enjoy friendly work practices, strong team culture and interesting work at a global company
- Permanent and full time Project Manager position
- Williamstown, Victoria or Sydney CBD location
BAE Systems Australia is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated Project Manager to make a valuable contribution to the Project Management Office (PMO). Reporting to the Manager - Project Management Office Maritime, this key position will be offered on a permanent and full time basis and can be situated at either our Williamstown, Victoria location or our Sydney CBD location. The purpose of this role is to support the application of project management within the Maritime business, provide greater operational support to the foundational project managers to develop capability, and improve the engagement with the project management community.
As the Project Manager, you will:
- Support the continuous improvement of project delivery and bids by providing support, coaching, reviewing and assisting small to medium projects or discrete domains
- Be the operational interface and engage with the non-executive project managers
- Support the development of project management personnel through the delivery of internal training, coaching, and mentoring
- Maintain the project management resource profile within the Maritime business and support operational resourcing as the project manager representative at functional resourcing meetings
- Manage the development and the deployment of discrete elements of the project management framework
- Collaborate with business units and other functions, in definition of project assurance requirements, and the implementation of audit and other recommended improvements
- Build and maintain positive customer and internal relationships
- Provide leadership for project management initiatives, as well as being a role model of professional behaviour
- Support assignments, as requested by the Head of Project Management or PMO Manager
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive project management experience
- A relevant qualification
- Strong communication, leadership and motivational skills, with a high level of self-motivation
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html