System Security Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Provide support to defence projects with complex IT systems
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a System Security Engineer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
You will assist in the development of the BAE Systems Australia business capability to provide information security products and services on various customer projects and activities.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Articulate and understand the problem in the business language of the client
- Ensure the problem and solution discovery incorporates enterprise level business analysis including people, process and technology considerations
- Provide leadership with regard to security aspects of any services or design solution proposal
- Map the technical elements of the proposed solution to the client's requirement
- Lead the development of the more comprehensive security requirements
- Work closely with the respective product architects, subject matter experts, consulting engineers and business analysts to develop the design
- Lead or conduct the development of security documentation or otherwise assist clients in identifying security regulatory requirements and activities
- Ensure the customer's problem is being satisfied by the proposed solution
- Understand the information security governance requirements
- Utilise system engineering principles such as to maximise the use of as-is BAE product capability and commercial off the shelf products
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in the information technology (IT) industry, including experience in information security
- Experience designing and implementing information security plans in complex IT environments
- Experience in operational IT security
- Extensive knowledge of networking topologies and protocols
- Strong communication and time management skills
Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering or an ICT Engineering related degree will be an advantage.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au