ENGINEERING TEAM LEAD | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2019|
ENGINEERING TEAM LEAD
- An outstanding opportunity to showcase your Leadership Skills in a Cross Technology domain (primarily Electrical and Electronic focussed)
- Lead a team of driven multi-disciplinary engineering professionals
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture,with clear pathways for career development and long term stability
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. This 100 percent Australian solution is strategically important to Australia's security, BAE Systems has been entrusted to execute the midlife upgrade of this capability. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in a prominent defence environment.
An opportunity now exists for a Senior Electrical or Electronics Engineer to join and lead our Hardware Team on the JORN Phase 6 project as part of the Wide Area Surveillance line of business.
The JORN Phase 6 upgrade will be delivered through a series of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs). As the Hardware Team Lead within the Sustainment IPT you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers designing and developing solutions directly contributing to key operational outcomes required by the Royal Australian Air Force's (RAAF) Number 1 Remote Sensor Unit (1RSU). This role will require leadership of engineering specialists, close customer and stakeholder management, and a focus on Defence's operational needs.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide daily leadership and guidance to a high performing multi-discipline team responsible for continuing sustainment and enhancement of a complex mission platform
- Derive electronic/electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and electrical/electronic system requirements reviews
- Undertake engineering management of the electronic/electrical system design for manufacture
- Manage the planning (cost and schedule), allocation and deployment of team members and workload
- Promote a culture of best practice sharing, and role modelling positive and collaborative behaviours
- Nurture and maintain upfront customer relations and collaboration
- Provide guidance on a wide range of technologies and subsystems ranging from RF component parts substitution, remote facilities power generation and control, subsystem overhauls, antenna and feeder systems and facilities infrastructure
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Degree qualification in electronics, electrical or an adjacent engineering discipline
- Leadership experience in a multi-discipline team
- A strong commitment to safety principles
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and seek innovative solutions
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: http://www.baesystems.careers.com.au
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html