PROJECT ACCOUNTANT | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:|| Project Accountant_PD229_09_Grade 6.pdf (PDF, 209KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Sep-2018|
- Join a global company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Seeking a driven Project Accountant on a permanent and full time basis
- Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We are seeking to appoint a committed and savvy Project Accountant to be an integral member and partner with our Maritime Sustainment business based at our Williamstown, Victoria location. This key role will report to the Senior Project Accountant and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Project Accountant, you will:
- Prepare and review of all financial aspects of monthly contract status reviews, including project sales and profit trading plans and highlighting project specific risks and opportunities
- Provide input into the project risk management processes including maintaining the finance related risks in the risk register
- Undertake the preparation and review of monthly variance reporting versus prior forecasts and budgets
- Assist with the preparation and review of the project annual budget, five year business plan and monthly re-forecast
- Undertake the maintenance and closure of projects under control by ensuring all financial obligations have been complete, including internal checks and balances and assisting in coordinating the closure of projects with external customers
- Coordinate and prepare financial substantiation that is required for audits, reconciliations and any compliance obligations
- Prepare supporting data for project journals including accruals and adjustments
- Prepare and review project reconciliations and cash flow forecasts
- Improve processes used to calculate accurate, timely and efficient reporting of the financial results for projects
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A relevant university degree level qualification
- Demonstrated project accounting experience
- A CA/CPA qualification or international equivalent, or currently undertaking
- Experience utilising ERP systems combined with strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills
- Self-motivation, the ability to work under your own initiative and great attention to detail
- A flexible attitude, strong communication skills, time management and organisational ability
Whilst not essential, demonstrated experience utilising Oracle and Hyperion ERP systems will be highly regarded.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.