Systems Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Be part of the expanding Satellite Communications support team
- Based in Canberra, ACT
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects our nation, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for experienced Systems Engineers to join our SATCOM Team in Canberra.
As the Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for providing systems engineering and related support to SATCOM projects to ensure our Satellite Communications systems continue to evolve to provide the maximum benefit to the Australian Department of Defence.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide Systems Engineering support to SATCOM projects
- Provide non-core engineering support to SATCOM projects including:
- Safety engineering
- Minor electrical engineering
- Installation design
- Equipment installation
- Integration and formal testing
- Obsolescence management
- Develop and manage system requirements and design documents
- Perform system engineering activities specifically requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Ensure both mission system and support system products meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Develop statements of work and technically manage suppliers
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all regulatory requirements
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary degree or qualifications in ICT or Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience in Systems Engineering and satellite communications systems
- Knowledge and experience with UNIX, SCADA, or SNMP monitoring and control systems
- Experience managing software acquisition
- Experience in Australian Defence projects
- Knowledge and experience with EIA-632 or ISO 15288
- Must hold or be eligible for Negative Vetting Level 1 Security clearance
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html