ELECTRICAL ENGINEER | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to use their expertise and make a meaningful contribution
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Garden Island, New South Wales location with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Electrical Engineer in our team in our Garden Island, Potts Point location for our Maritime Sustainment business.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Engineering Team lead, you will be responsible for the design and development of electrical systems and equipment.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Undertake electrical system and equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop electrical system and equipment architectural designs to meet a set of requirements and participate in architectural design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of electrical system and equipment solutions
- Support the translation of the electrical system and equipment design into a manufacturable solution and incorporate required changes
- Complete the integration and validation of the electrical system and equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Support electrical systems and equipment qualification activities, ensuring that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Support the assembly, integration, test and shipping of the electrical system and equipment including its configuration management
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated electrical engineering experience
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of The Institute of Engineers Australia
- Experience with a variety of technologies, design analysis techniques and development tools such as power generation and distribution, control and monitoring systems and electrical industry standards
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.