Electrical Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Major Defence Contract
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An opportunity has arisen for a Electrical Engineer to play an integral role within our Maritime Sustainment business. You will be the forefront of design, development and implementation of electrical systems.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to the engineering team on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Design and develop electrical systems and equipment including testing and integration, installing and managing the electrical systems and equipment
- Derive system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and system requirements reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements and develop system specifications
- Develop optimised electrical system detail designs and present in design reviews
- Undertake the translation of the system design into a manufacturable product and incorporate the design for manufacture factors
- Perform the integration and validation of complex electrical system designs with challenging physical and functional properties
- Undertake the full qualification of complex system products including devising solutions to complex qualification problems
- Ensure all documents and artefacts generated by the team are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Several years electrical engineering experience, preferably in an engineering design office environment
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of The Institute of Engineers Australia
- Experience in structural analysis, Computer Aided design (CAD), Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) and ship systems
- A high level of self-motivation, time management and organisational ability
- Whilst not essential, engineering experience within the ship sustainment or Defence industry will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html