Shift Support Officer | SA-Edinburgh RAAF
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2018|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
As a Shift Support Officer you will:
- Operate and Maintain the JORN Coordination Centre (JCC) computer and network systems
- Coordinate system level fault finding and rectification activities with technical and engineering support staff at Radar 3 Receive and Transmit sites
- Liaise with engineering staff to coordinate technical investigations
- Carry out investigations into deficiencies and defects within the JCC operational support area
- Assist in technical investigations at JCC site locations for technical hardware and software issues, documentation and technical support aspects of the radar and associated systems
- Fulfil all the requirements of an Authorised Tradesperson under the Authorised Maintenance Contractor (AMC) structure
- Report to BAE Systems Management on system performance and Radar KPI achievement in relation to the OTHR Support Contract
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience as a technician within a defence environment
- An excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective and productive engagement abilities with internal/external stakeholders including senior business managers
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, understand and analyse data
Whilst not essential, Linux/Red Hat programming skills are desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html