Leadership Specialist | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2018|
- Bring your strong influencing skills to this key part time role (0.8)
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Park, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Leadership Specialist to join the Human Resources team.
As the Leadership Development Specialist, you will be accountable for the successful design and delivery of a broad range of development interventions that build capability and drive culture change. This includes team development, leadership development/on-boarding workshops, high potential and talent management activities at senior levels.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Drive continuous improvement and program management of sub projects/programs in the leadership development framework (as designed by the Senior Leadership Facilitator)
- Assist the company to attract, develop and retain leaders, while helping them to reach their full potential and improve organisational performance aligned to the company strategy
- Use your expertise in leadership/people development combined with your collective exposure to a broad range of contemporary leadership/team development concepts, to design and facilitate targeted workshops aligned with our leadership framework
- Use a consulting approach to design and develop practical leadership and team based development workshops/ interventions to mid-level and senior level management
- Provide 1:1 consulting with leaders to analyse, diagnose, design and develop (from your expertise, models and content) workshops/briefings/team days/coaching programs
- Design 'in the moment' responses (at team days, workshops, briefings, training sessions) to meet the needs of the group, to create high impact learning for our executive leaders, mid-level managers, employees and HR partners
- Create learning solutions that draw on best practice, use contemporary models of leadership development/team development, are cost effective and align with the strategy
- Understand the company strategy to ensure employee and leadership skills are developed to meet current and future business requirements. This includes being a champion for development efforts and leadership behaviours.
- Engage senior stakeholders across the business through frequent communication, influence and negotiation to design and implement effective programs and strategic leadership development approach
- Understand the critical inter-relationship between all the people levers of change (e.g., culture, structure, process, reward), and uses this knowledge to align leadership learning solutions.
- Manage internal and external relationships to develop strong partnering relationships with internal/external providers with the project/programs you manage
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Outstanding coaching expertise
- The ability to work effectively independently in a fast paced environment, respond decisively to change and deliver on results
- The desire to work strategically and deliver in a pragmatic and efficient way
- The ability to travel to BAE Australia sites to work with our teams and leaders
- The ability to use the following profiling tools in the design of workshops/programs: Human Synergistic LSI 1 and 2 MI/LI, IECL (Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership),Vital Smarts Crucial Conversations and Myers Briggs Type Indicator I and II
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.