PART TIME DIVERSITY & INCLUSION COORDINATOR | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:|| Duty Statement_Inclusion and Diversity Officer_Final.doc (Word, 192KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2018|
- Join a global company that values inclusion and diversity, innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- 12 month Fixed Term and Part-Time (0.6 FTE) HR Inclusion & Diversity Coordinator position: 3-4 days per week to suit you
- Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. The Human Resources team is integral to the delivery of this work.
We are seeking to appoint a committed Inclusion and Diversity Coordinator to be an integral member and partner with our Maritime Sustainment business based at our Williamstown, Victoria location. This key role will make a valuable contribution to our business, will report to the HR Generalist Advisor and will be offered on a 12 month fixed term and part time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Support the HR Advisor and the central Inclusion and Diversity Manager to implement initiatives and influence change across the Maritime Sustainment business
- Research and advise on inclusion and diversity issues
- Create programmes, training and activities that promote inclusion
- Review and make recommendations to policies and procedures, to ensure they are all inclusive
- Identify external trends and recognise best practice that will increase inclusion and diversity
- Prepare and build relationships among employees through inclusion and diversity training
- Lead or support the organisation of workshops, forums and other awareness and educational initiatives to drive positive cultural change
- Prepare reports, presentation materials and statistical data using Microsoft Office programs and in-house databases to raise inclusion and diversity awareness and report on progress
- Develop and lead a sustainable process to implement and continuously assess and adapt the goals related to inclusion and diversity excellence
- Collaborate with the Human Resources function to enhance the recruitment and retention of diverse employees and leaders
- Help build respectful and trustful relationships with key stakeholders and communities
- Represent the Maritime Sustainment business in inclusion and diversity meetings, and support the enterprise wide pillars locally
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Inclusion and Diversity coordination experience, or Human Resources coordination experience or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of how to enable employee engagement and inclusion
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- A high level of drive and commitment coupled with a proactive approach to influencing change
- Proficiency in utilising Microsoft Office Suite and experience utilising variety of software systems
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.