Electrical Engineer | QLD-Portsmith
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2018|
- Join Australia's Defence industry leader
- A unique career opportunity in a great location
- Cairns, QLD – A relocation package will be offered
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We currently offer the opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Hydrographic In-Service Support team for an initial 12 months fixed term, inputting into design, construction, maintenance and operational support of the Hydrographic Ships, Leeuwin and Paluma class vessels.
Key accountabilities include task management, maintenance support, design and development of electrical/electronic systems and equipment in accordance with contractual and company requirements.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide electrical engineering (comprising electrical, electronics, communications and control systems) input
- Provide support to the formulation of safety controls and the development, approval and certification of ship designs to meet statutory and non-statutory requirements
- Provide technical management and support to sub-contractors and suppliers
- Assist with completing detailed planning and estimating to establish work packages
- Review and update program plans as required
- Act as the technical interface with the customer in relation to electrical engineering aspects
- Ensure engineering processes are compliant with approved company processes and project specific procedures
- Ensure product technical integrity is maintained and engineering performance is achieved
- Manage technical and project risk related to assigned tasks
- Assist with monitoring the technical progress to ensure no unauthorised scope is implemented
- Achieve and maintain suitable engineering authority delegation
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- A Tertiary qualification in electrical engineering (preferably including electronics, communications or control systems)
- CPEng or eligible to apply for CPEng through IEAust (RPEQ highly desirable)
- Previous experience working in the defence, marine, mineral processing or oil and gas industry
- Design, formal systems engineering and formal risk management experience (highly desirable)
- The ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and diagrams
- Intermediate MS Office skills (word, excel and power point)
- Be self-motivated with good prioritisation skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance
Please apply to Dawn Porou – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 26 October 2018
Your application should include a resume and a cover letter to address your suitability and availability.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning more about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please click on this link: BAE Systems Careers Australia