Safety, Health and Environment Advisor - Systems and Assurance | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Nov-2018|
- Bring your substantial knowledge of safety management and assurance systems
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Safety, Health and Environment Advisor to join the team.
As the Safety, Health and Environment Advisor - Systems and Assurance, you will support the development, implementation and maintenance of safety, health and environment management system documents and the creationand implementation of an safety, health and environment online database. The role will also see you support the national assurance program.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Coach and support all internal stakeholders in relation to safety, health and environment processes
- Monitor and analyse safety, health and environment incident trend data and implement/recommend actions to counter trend
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the safety, health and environment online database
- Assist in the creation of design and functionality specifications for the online safety, health and environment online database.
- Act as the administrator of the online safety, health and environment database on behalf of BAE Systems Australia
- Review and update safety, health and environment data for accuracy and completeness and adapt data to fit within internal and external reporting guidelines.
- Assist in the analysis of safety, health and environment data and provide succinct reports to relevant stakeholders including the Management Board and to the UK
- Monitor legislative changes across all safety, health and environment relevant legislation and provide updates for business units.
- Develop, support and deliver relevant safety, health and environment training
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Strong experience in implementing safety management systems
- Substantial experience in managing safety assurance systems
- Working knowledge of AS4801, ISO18001and ISO14001:2015 standards
- As a minimum a Cert IV in safety management
- Strong communication, influencing and analytical skills
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.