Project Administrator | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Oct-2018|
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
BAE Systems Australia have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence. Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused and are currently looking for a likeminded administration professional to join our team.
Reporting to the Enterprise Program Office Lead, you will be responsible for providing high level administrative support to the team to ensure all project administrative requirements are achieved.
In more specific terms, you will:
• Providing a range of administrative support and assistance from document preparation to mail processing, filing and records maintenance
• Coordinating visitors and facilitating customer orientation as required
• Ensuring project materials are document controlled
• Assisting in the timely management of expense claims and credit card reconciliations
• Coordinating meetings and appointments for Managers as required
• Maintaining office supplies and equipment
• Developing appropriate systems, procedures and controls to improve accuracy, timeliness and presentation of work
• Coordinating all travel arrangements and preparing travel itineraries for the team
• Taking minutes, recording actions from meetings and maintaining meeting agendas
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
• Previous experience in a similar role in a project based environment
• Experience with invoicing, purchase requisitions and travel coordination
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
• A team focused approach with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve business objectives
• High levels of initiative and excellent time management skills
• Superior organisational capabilities, an eye for detail and commitment to quality
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html