PIF Mission System Operator | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Jan-2019|
MISSION SYSTEM OPERATOR
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Be part of our growing Satellite Communication Sustainment team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Mission Sytem Operator to join our team in Canberra.
You will be responsible for the performance of the Mission Systems equipment, in accordance with the contractual and company requirements, to achieve the required business performance. Within a team environment, you will conduct all activities in accordance with the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Perform all Mission System Operator tasks in accordance with the relevant SOPs
- Work effectively as part of the 3E Operational Support Team
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to activities performed by the TLS team
- Identify opportunities for the improvement of the supported 3E systems
- Work according to identified schedules and to understand the schedule well enough to advise the team leader of any risks, slippages or opportunities
- Configure PIF equipment
- Liaise and coordinate with SATCOM end users and DNOC elements for commissioning and fault resolution
- Conduct initial analysis of faults on PIF and SGS-H
- Assist in the operation of the Mission System equipment at PIF
- Commission new services terminating via PIF
- Adhere to BAE, Defence, and DNOC policies and procedures
- Complete operator training and annual certification for 3E operations
- Prepare reports (routine and incident) for Defence and Engineering staff to support operation of PIF
- Operate and monitor PIF equipment
- Participate equitably in a 24/7 shift roster system
- Undertake activities within own competence without day to day guidance or supervision, including liaison with customers and suppliers as delegated
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Significant experience in in Defence communications or other similar operations experience related to telecommunications, communications or information technology fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve communications systems related problems and develop solutions
- Good Understanding of and commitment to Quality Control Standards
- Experience in system administration, systems installation and computer operation
- Knowledge of SATCOM principles such as:
- Satellite transmission theory, link budgets, modulation techniques, antenna principles, earth station monitoring and control systems
- SATCOM theory and principles, ATM principles, IP Protocols, Data communication principles
- WAN/LAN networks architectures and elements, Server/client applications. Cables and connector types
- Information security systems and principles
Whilst not essential, an Electronic or Electrical trade certificate would be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html