Senior Financial Accountant | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work in a vibrant financial shared service environment
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Senior Financial Accountnat to join our team in our central Finance team based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be accountable for the accurate accounting and reporting of all financial transactions of the company within the boundaries of both the company and statutory reporting.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Establish necessary processes, procedures, policies, systems, controls and interfaces which underpin a cost effective, efficient and value adding financial service delivery capability for the operating business units and functions
- Manage a team to ensure provision of a quality service that meets specified accounting and reporting requirements
- Ensure team members are appropriately skilled and trained to undertake their roles
- Prepare monthly management accounts, risk and opportunity reports, cash flow projections and other relevant information required for group reporting, business unit reviews and quarterly business reviews
- Provide information to support relevant statutory obligations
- Ensure an effective interface exists between the business unit and central finance functions
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in implemented and maintained to manage and monitor business processes and meet all corporate governance requirements
- Ensure that financial systems provide accurate and complete information that meets the needs of management and is accepted as correct and accurate
- Provide financial accounting advice, direction and decision support to the business unit, in the achievement of business objectives
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated financial accounting experience gained in a project based organisation
- A relevant degree with either a CPA or CA qualification
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences
- Up to date and expert knowledge and experience of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian International Framework of Reporting Standards (AIFRS)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specilaist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html