STRUCTURAL ENGINEER | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Nov-2018|
- Enjoy friendly work practices, strong team culture and interesting work at a global company
- Great opportunity for a Structural Engineer to use their expertise and make a meaningful contribution
- Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
At BAE Systems we believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. We are seeking to appoint a self-driven Structural Engineer to make a valuable contribution and join our maritime sustainment business. This rewarding position will report to the Structural Design Manager, will be situated at our office in Williamstown and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage the design and development of structural tasks and structural systems on projects
- Undertake the design, development and verification of design artefacts, plan and coordinate designs, provide production support and support product delivery
- Develop concepts to structural problems and undertake structural optimised designs
- Complete the checking of drawings and calculations undertaken by team members
- Conduct safe designs and bring to the attention of key stakeholders if any safety issue is noticed in the performance and functioning of the product
- Coordinate the structural efforts for projects and effectively utilise the expertise of specialist engineers towards achieving efficient and economic structural solutions
- Ensure documents and artefacts generated are managed in accordance with standard procedures, compliance and quality control processes
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve engineering practices
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive structural design engineering experience and knowledge
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification in either a Civil, Naval Architecture, Aerospace or Mechanical discipline recognised for Chartered membership of Engineers Australia
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and will be a self-starter
- Structural engineering experience in a range of areas such as the design of structures from basic principles, and to shock, vibration, fatigue and Australian standards requirements
Whilst not essential, maritime industry engineering experience combined with structural analysis experience using finite element packages (ANSYS) or noise/acoustic analysis experience will be highly regarded.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html