Java Developer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Java Developer in our IT department in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
Due to growth within the business we have multiple opportunities for Java Developers to join a successful development team within the IT department.
As a Java Developer you will develop, analyse, test and support software enhancements on a range of enterprise systems.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide input into solution and architectural design
- Provide level two and three support to end users of specific enterprise applications
- Ensure governance is followed for internal policies and processes
- Contribute to continuous improvement of day to day task execution and system performance
- Work within a DevOps framework on a variety of tasks and projects
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in providing level two or three support
- Demonstrated experience developing enterprise applications
- Experience in planning, estimating and executing complex development tasks
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Java/J2EE or similar Object Oriented language
- Oracle SQL, PL/SQL or similar
- Unix, Linux, Shell scripting
- REST, JSON, XML and web services
- Source code version control using Git
Whilst not essential, experience working within an Agile SCRUM environment will be advantageous as will knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.