Export Control Regulation Officer | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Nov-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent role with opportunities for training and development and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, interesting and innovative work in a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Export Control Officer to join our team in Henderson WA working in the maritime business unit. In this role, you will define and implement export control compliance obligations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the line of business and respond to service desk calls and requests
- Implement policies and procedures and ensure flow down of the business unit compliance plan
- Provide advice and guidance on export control regulations
- Understand jurisdiction and classification on the relevant export control lists for all export controlled material
- Lead the formation and maintenance of export control licenses and agreements
- Initiate applications for import and export permits and monitor the conditions of permits ensuring the timely discharge of any reporting obligations
- Manage approval for controlled material and co-ordinate with relevant stakeholders to periodically reconcile access privileges
- Provide expertise in the audit and assurance process, ensuring compliance and implementing outputs of lessons learnt activities
- Understand the information and evidence required to support investigations, exercise authority to suspend potentially unauthorised activity and initiate immediate recovery action when potential violations are detected
- Provide support to the Export Control Manager as required
- A qualification in trade relations, international studies, legal, supply chain management, engineering or other relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of risks associated with export control compliance
- Relevant experience working within the defence, customs/trade or research information and communications industries (highly desirable)
- Well-developed self management skills and the ability to effectively prioritise demands
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence people at various levels of the organisation
- High analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please apply online to Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Friday 16th November 2018. Your application should include a current resume and a cover letter.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.