Accounting Manager - Decision Support | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Nov-2018|
- Bring your strong accounting and leadership skills to this key role
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Accounting Manager to join the Decision Support team.
As the Accounting Manager - Decision Support, you will be responsible for the leadership of the Decision Support team and supporting the business with the annual integrated business plan and related strategy.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Align and integrate the strategy and integrated business planning process
- Provide dashboard reporting of key performance metrics
- Provide decision support and relationship management for functional directors
- Develop financial models to support cost base analysis
- Implement benchmarking of functional performance against best practice relating to financial performance
- Manage the implementation of the internal investment framework across functions and business
- Manage finance investment proposals through the Internal Investment Board
- Prepare feasibility studies and business cases for the finance function ensuring alignment with finance strategy and objectives
- Drive development and manage the performance of Accountant - Decision Support
As then ideal applicant you will have:
- A CPA or CA qualification
- Vast experience in leading high performing teams
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder relationship management skills
- The ability to influence and negotiate at a high level
- The ability to be innovative, solve problems and look beyond the obvious
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.