Systems Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:|| Sys Admin - Infrastructure Services Duty Statement (2).doc (Word, 185KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Nov-2018|
- Enjoy collaborative work practices, strong team culture and interesting work at a global company
- Excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator
- Edinburgh Parks, South Australia locations
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
To meet the needs of planned growth, we are now seeking applications for an experienced Systems Administrator to join the Information Management and Technology team. You will be responsible for assisting with the installation, configuration, management and ongoing maintenance of the company's core IT Infrastructure and hosted services.The role will include design and implementation of changes as required to meet new operational needs and to address obsolescence issues that are identified.
Reporting to the Lead Systems Administrator the Systems Administrator will work within a technical team, rotating within a support and project capacity utilising the Agile Scrum framework.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Ensure that the core IT infrastructure platforms meet the current requirements of the project or business
- Conduct systems administration for all windows and infrastructure platforms for effective governance and functional requirements
- Support maintenance, documentation, governance and change control of the Core IT Systems
- Support and optimise computing platforms and associated data sub systems
- Communicate with stakeholders to resolve complex technical issues
- Proactively identify and analyse system obsolescence
- Maintain disaster recovery and business continuity strategies to protect the ongoing availability of the core IT systems
- Undertaking out-of-standard-hours activity from time to time for high priority incidents
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or Engineering
- Significant experience in an IT customer service or technical role with a demonstrated ability to manage and support computing systems within an enterprise environment including: Windows Server Management, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups, Storage Area Network technologies, Printing, PowerShell Scripting, Citrix and Windows File systems
- Well-developed troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in the deployment, testing, and support of a complex client/server application environment
- A high level of interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a Defence Security Clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to maintain an appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html