Commercial and Procurement Manager | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Dec-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your commercial and procurement experience to drive business outcomes
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
As the Commercial and Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for providing commercial and procurement guidance and direction to the Hydrographic In Service Support project including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations. This is a new and exciting career opportunity offered as a 2 year fixed term assignment based in Portsmith Cairns.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Manage commercial and contractual terms and conditions
- Manage relationships with internal / external customers & cross business / functional requirements
- Provide guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract, corporate Australian government and foreign government requirements for management of Intellectual Property, controlled technology, confidential information, and classified data
- Attend and contribute to Phase Reviews, Bid Approval Reviews and Contract Status Reviews
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Deal with issues of foreign exchange, escalation, payment arrangements, guarantees and insurance
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare and deliver Commercial Management Plan(s) for line of business/project
- Provide leadership and development to a small team
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A degree qualification in an appropriate discipline and substantial experience gained in a similar role
- Experience in leading and developing a team with the ability to grow talent and foster a high level of engagement
- Superior communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to be able to influence across all levels in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- A high level of commercial acumen with the ability to think both strategically and visionary
- Finely tuned analytical and problem solving skills
- Eligibility to hold an Negative Vetting 1 Defence security clearance
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html