Project Administrator | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Nov-2018|
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR – Defence industry leader
- Professional Project Team Support
- Hydrographic In-Service Support (HISS)
- PORTSMITH, QLD
BAE Systems is a global Defence, maritime, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
This is a dynamic environment with a tight knit team of multi-disciplined engineering professionals. The Project Administrator will be responsible for supporting the HISS Manager and full team by providing broad administrative support to maintain project efficiency.
Provide all round administrative and office support including;
- Attend client meetings, take minutes, record actions and manage meeting agendas
- Prepare and take ownership of correspondence for and on behalf of Manager
- Alert Manager or support team on matters requiring attention
- Produce organisation charts, PowerPoint presentations, reports and documents
- Screen calls and provide appropriate responses in absence of Manager
- Attend to visitors facilitating orientation of customers if required
- Ensure Project materials are document controlled
- Co-ordinate meetings and appointments for Managers as required
- Assist in the management of expense claims and reconciliations
- Ensure invoices are approved and passed to Accounts
- Raise purchase requisitions, process project invoices
- Coordinate all travel arrangements and prepare travel itineraries for team
AS THE IDEAL APPLICANT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A Certificate in Administration desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated experience having provided a full range of administrative support within a large project team environment.
- Experience from within Industry or Defence is desirable
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills with high level command in use of workplace technical tools and applications
- The ability to prioritise, manage and adjust to changing workplace needs
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Please submit your application to Dawn Porou by close of business 16 November 2018. Your application should include a current resume with a cover letter to detail your applied administrative skills and experience.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning more about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please click on this link: BAE Systems Careers Australia