Project Engineering Manager | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Key engineering governance role, based in Williamtown, NSW
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Project Engineering Manager to join our Aerospace Training and Air Combat team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Program Manager, you will deliver the engineering outputs of the project within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule. You will ensure outputs are developed in accordance with the approved company procedures and processes and meet the agreed operational needs of the customer.
Leveraging your knowledge and understanding of Defence project environments, you will be responsible for the estimating, resourcing and delivery of the engineering effort required for the technical solution and the development of tactical plans for the execution of the technical aspects of the programme. This Engineering Management role will also see you formulate the technical approach, assign and manage the resources to execute the engineering programme, and monitor the progress and implements corrective actions where necessary.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Act as the point of contact with the customers to understand the customer requirements and develop and maintain the contract technical solution
- In consultation with the Head of Engineering - Aerospace, ensure that Design Authorisations are established and maintained for the project
- Undertake planning and resourcing to ensure that the technical basis for project planning is established and that the necessary project team is assigned to meet the agreed engineering delivery requirements
- Manage a team of engineers and technical officers
- Undertake detailed planning and estimating to establish the work breakdown structure, project schedule, earned value measurement system, and staffing profile for significant program changes
- Estimate, plan and manage the engineering control accounts
- Identify and make provision of project specific training required for engineering personnel
- Ensure that the common engineering processes employed within the program are compliant
- Support Design Reviews and Technical Bid Reviews
- Identify and manage technical risk within the project and support the Project Manager in Risk Management Reviews
- Develop and implement succession plans for key engineering staff and undertake regular performance and salary reviews
- Drive the development of a safety culture, which promotes continuous improvement of product safety and environmental protection
- Report, investigate and rectify any product safety issues
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Solid experience working as a professional engineer with a proven track record in senior management roles and a working knowledge of Defence project environments
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia (Highly Desirable)
- Chartered Professional Engineer status or commitment to obtain within 12 months of appointment (Highly Desirable)
- An understanding of how function contributes to achieving the objectives of the business with the demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved
- Knowledge of the industry, in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business, including enabling the business to differentiate itself from the competition
- Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of strategic plans and the ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.