FACILITIES COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:|| Records and Compliance Officer - Duty Statement.doc (Word, 323KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Seeking a Facilities Compliance Specialist to make a valuable contribution to our company
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Facilities Compliance Specialist to join our Property and Facilities Management team on a permanent and full time basis. This key position can be situated in either our Williamstown, Victoria or Edinburgh Parks, South Australia location. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the company Built Environment knowledge base with respect to Property Portfolio, Facilities Investment Projects and Built Environment (product) with respect to safety, environmental and regulatory compliance.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Monitor Property Asset Management planning and service outcomes against business needs and regulatory obligations
- Review ‘scope of work' documentation prepared by the Investment Projects and Workspace Management teams, ensuring it includes product or service assurance provisions
- Oversee record keeping systems and practices for work undertaken by the Property and Facilities Management function
- Act as the subject matter expert for the company Record Retention Schedule
- Monitor and ensure traceability to agreements pertaining to site/property operations including EPA, trade waste, essential safety measures and plumbing systems
- Contribute to improving the safety and environmental maturity of the Property and Facilities Management Function and communicate environmental, safety and compliance regulatory updates
- Apply the integrated safety management systems and Bowtie Risk modelling relative to Functional jurisdiction and areas of expertise
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide advice and support to Investment Project teams in the establishment of documentation systems to ensure compliance and effective service delivery
- Provide advice to site leadership on matters relating to compliance risks and obligations across the company's property portfolio
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Relevant facilities management experience and configuration/document management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- The aptitude for problem solving, risk management and technical judgement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience utilising a variety of software systems
Whilst not essential, familiarity/experience with the Building Code of Australia (BCA), regulatory frameworks or auditing courses will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html