Senior Quality Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Nov-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent opportunity to gain exposure across different BAE Systems projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
The Weapons Systems business unit is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. As an experienced Quality Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering skills across different projects, contributing to meeting the quality-related requirements of the contract(s), whilst complying with the governance and quality requirements of BAE Systems Australia. You will be part of a high-achieving team, providing career expanding opportunities based in our Richmond office.
As the Senior Quality Engineer, you will report to the Weapons Systems Quality Manager and work within the Quality team to deliver a range of quality-related activities involved in the provision of Weapons Systems products through hardware and software development, production and sustainment phases.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Maintain and implement effective quality plans and Quality Management System for Weapon Systems projects that meet the requirements of the customer contracts as well as the Corporate Business Management System
- Utilise leadership skills to interact directly with Project Managers to represent and coordinate quality interests in the effective and efficient pursuit of project deliverables
- Conduct and complete the annual risk based Enterprise Audit Database (EAD) internal audit program across projects and subcontractors, as well as coordinating and reporting on all project audits conducted by external parties
- Provide accurate reporting of audit findings and Corrective Actions Request (CAR) within the EAD
- Engage assigned CAR owners to facilitate the progress, resolution, verified effectiveness of actions arising
- Ensure any product non-conformances discovered are communicated, resolved and accurately reported within the quality system database
- Provide quality mentoring to develop and enhance the capability of internal staff and external suppliers
- Be involved in the peer review of work artefacts and fosters a culture of “Right first time”
- Support Project Managers during customer audits and general liaison on quality matters
- Reporting of quality performance metrics which support the achievement of the Company Quality Objectives while underpinning the acceptance of project deliverables
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- An engineering degree qualification and or a Diploma or Certificate III in Quality Management Systems
- Practical, extensive knowledge and experience in the application of quality, ideally gained in a defence or automotive environment
- Electromechanical quality assurance experience throughout the product lifecycle, any software experience would be highly regarded
- Sound understanding of Quality Standards and tools such as ISO9001, AS9100, APQP, PPAP, configuration management, and verification and validation
- Strong auditing skills along with the creativity to think and see beyond process compliance towards outcome and delivery effectiveness
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to work with minimal supervision
- A high level of personal maturity with an ability to negotiate and influence outcomes across all levels of the projects and corporate functions
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
As an ideal applicant you will have: