Senior Commercial Officer | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Dec-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your excellent stakeholder and communication skills
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Senior Commercial Officer to join our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
As the Senior Commercial Officer, you will establish, maintain and manage the relationship pipeline between customers, the business, project teams and supply chain, to deliver outcomes that exceed customer expectations, optimise business outcomes, and enhance supply chain performance. You will provide Commercial leadership, strategy, guidance and advice to support bid preparation and project activities, including planning and assisting in negotiations, and direct management of issues.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide commercial leadership during the preparation of complex bids and support the effective operation of the bid approval activities
- Assist in the preparation of negotiation strategies and negotiation of bids and proposals
- Attend project meetings to provide the commercial perspective and inputs required for the day-to-day operation of the project and to deliver the contract requirements
- Provide guidance to the projects on compliance with contracted, corporate and Government requirements for managing Intellectual Property, controlled technology, confidential information and classified data
- Manage the Commercial activities including risks and liabilities and associated mitigation plans, to ensure delivery of required outcomes on bids and projects
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships to deliver project outcomes
- Identify and manage Commercial risks, obligations and liabilities and manage in accordance with agreed mitigation plans to minimise adverse impacts on the business
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A demonstrated broad understanding of the Operational and LCM Frameworks and the ability to apply them appropriately
- A demonstrated ability to operate and think strategically, and adapt solutions to meet customer requirements
- Identified opportunities for innovation and new ideas to be explored and adopted to drive increased value for customers and the wider business
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html