SHE Manager - Strategy, Risk and Governance | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your strong knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment to this key position
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
As a result of continued growth, an opportunity now exists for a talented Safety, Health and Environment Manager – Strategy, Risk and Governance to join our team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
As the Safety, Health and Environment Manager - Strategy, Risk and Governance, you will be responsible for providing safety, health & environment technical expertise, an effective national safety, health & environment management system design and assurance programs across all lines of business through the research and implementation of best practice and continuous improvement initiatives coupled with legislative and corporate governance compliance
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Establish effective systems to ensure safety, health and environment legislation and corporate BAE Systems requirements are complied with nationally through implementation and maintenance of a compliant safety management system
- Engage and maintain relationships with business unit stakeholders to facilitate integration of safety, health and environment management systems of legacy BAE Systems Australia and those existing through acquisitions to develop a national set of core processes
- Align the safety, health and environment management system to BAE Systems (global head quarters) requirements and to reflect national safety, health and environment cultural initiatives
- Influence the strategic direction of the safety, health and environment management system by benchmarking and identifying and mitigating national safety, health and environment risks
- Identify opportunities for national safety, health and environment improvements and prepare business cases to realise opportunities as required
- Influence the management board and other relevant forums through the preparation of sound business cases and/or reports to manage national safety, health and environment risks
- Develop close working relationships with business unit human resources managers and safety, health and environment teams to facilitate the effective implementation and maintenance of business and site safety, health and environment continuous improvement plans
- Manage the selection, preparation and implementation of a national online safety, health and environment database
- Manage the national safety, health and environment assurance process to provide intelligence on the status of compliance and improvement within the business units and implementation of the national safety, health and environment management system
- Develop the ISO45001and other relevant certifications implementation plan, manage the internal compliance auditing program and advise businesses on best options for effective improvements or to resolve corrective action requirements
- Assist in maintaining AS4801, ISO14001 accreditation, manage the internal compliance auditing program and advise businesses on best options for effective improvements or to resolve corrective action requirements
- Assist in developing the integrated safety management system and implementation plan
- Provide leadership, communication and development for safety, health and environment personnel in the central team and business units
- Review business unit monthly reports and consolidate data inputs for all safety, health and environment reports
- Compile and interpret the trending data and report on national safety, health and environment data to provide meaningful national safety, health and environment data for monthly board reports and quarterly business reviews
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and expertise in safety, health and environment best practice and continuous improvement approaches along with specialist safety, health and environment experience in a large , multi site national businesses
- Proven safety, health and environment capability in a variety of safety, health and environment roles at a senior level
- A high level of customer focus and experience in working at all levels up to director or general manager for a business or business unit
- Experience of delivering organisational/cultural business change
- Experience in strategic and functional safety, health and environment management
- Tertiary qualifications in safety, health and environment or related discipline (i.e. environmental, safety engineering)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html