Store person | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Warehouse & Logistics Operations|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Dec-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent full-time role, based in Williamtown, NSW
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Store Person to join our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
As the Store Person you will be responsible for providing warehouse and distribution services to support the Aircraft Sustainment business, including RAAF F-35 and Hawk Operations.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide timely warehouse and distributions services to support F-35 and Hawk customers
- Utilise the including receipt and transfer of F-35A General Use Consumables to end customers
- Undertake general duties within Hangar and workshop areas including delivery/removal of parts from Aircraft Bays, Forklift operations and general hangar housekeeping duties
- Undertake driving duties for the pick-up/return of items on RAAF base and around local area
- Ensure all packaging operations completed are in accordance with Quality Control including packaging standards, Certificate of Conformance requirements, the induction of Non-Conforming items into Quarantine process, ITAR. DEF (AUST) 1000c, Dangerous goods and overseas regulations in the appropriate Special to Type Containers
- Maintain the appropriate certification levels required to remain compliant with legislation
- Assist with the responsibilities for the operations of the hazardous goods activities including Explosive Ordnance (EO) and the maintenance of safe storage conditions for hazardous items in accordance with all relevant regulations
- Manage flyaway kits including activation/deactivation, the initial pack, compliance with DG Regulations, upkeep whilst on deployment and the restocking once returned
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience with Commonwealth Supply System (MILIS), to track and manage inventory (essential)
- Experience within a similar role and a Certificate II or III in Transport Logistics (desirable)
- Hazardous and Dangerous Goods certification, Driver's licence and Forklift licence (desirable)
- Knowledge of ADF Aircraft Supply regulations and procedures (desirable)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
A White Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) is required for this role and applicants must meet ASIC eligibility requirements in order to obtain and maintain this clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html