Software Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Dec-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Have a positive impact in a high performing team on a leading defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Software Engineer to join our team in Canberra.
You will be responsible for completing software engineering related activities as directed by their team leader in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions to achieve project technical, schedule and cost goals.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Create a positive working environment
- Make clear, realistic and achievable commitments to customers
- Assist with the analysis and troubleshooting software related of issues which includes investigating and problem solving to produce alternative solutions
- Develop and refine requirements through workshops, and manage those requirements
- Assist with the design and development of functional specifications, development of software products and product upgrades
- Participate in testing and defect management in accordance with engineering processes
- Maintain engineering and technical documents
- Help prepare technical presentations, discussions and workshops with our customers
- Work collaboratively and communicate positively within the team, accept and provide feedback during discussions and review
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Significant experience in the software engineering discipline
- Experience in developing software in a selection of the following technologies:
- C# .Net and or Java software development languages
- A good understanding of Object Oriented design principles and concepts, clean, reusable code
- Software development under the Windows environments
- SQL Database Querying Languages
- Use of Configuration and Change Management principles and tools
- Experience in the development of software products using relevant Software Engineering technologies
- Strong understanding of the Software Development lifecycle
- Experience using Agile and Waterfall approaches
- Experience in the selection and implementation of effective Software Engineering Tools, Infrastructure and Process.
- Ability to manage the execution of software related activities with regard to quality and schedule
Whilst not essential, a tertiary qualification in Software Engineering or an ICT Engineering related degree would be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html