Technical Assistant | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Dec-2018|
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
Due to growth, we are currently looking for a motivated Technical Assistant to join our team working with experienced Electronic Engineers. You will be assisting in the design of printed circuit boards (PCBs), 2D and 3D models. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Support engineering teams with PCB, Schematic and Mechanical parts creation and validation.
- Interpret component manufacturer's datasheets including electrical, functional and mechanical data
- Produce and evaluate high quality deliverables as well as receive feedback from peers for improvements to work quality on a regular basis
- Participate in the design and development of printed circuit boards and mechanical enclosures using CAE and CAD applications and tools.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Effectively multi-task and shift from one task to another as priorities dictate
- Be a self-starter who is comfortable asking questions or asking for assistance
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Electronic and/or Electrical Engineering Advanced TAFE diploma or associate TAFE diploma or presently studying towards either
- Experience with Altium Designer, AutoCAD and Inventor
- The desire to seek out new experiences and opportunities to learn within own engineering environment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Mieke Brooks, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html