Analysts , Asset Management | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your analytical skills as part of speciality team delivering asset system optimisation
- Garden Island, Sydney Location
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the project
We are the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. Highly collaborative and agile in approach, the program boasts of an engaging, consultative and solutions focused approach. Working on one of the most complex warship programs in Australia, you will see it from design and build through to the introduction-to-service stage which will be very exciting and enriching.
About the Opportunity
Our specialist Asset Management discipline will benefit from your analysis across the core technical (Platform, Electrical, Combat or Communications) systems, ensuring optimisation of cost and performance outcomes for the DDG ship and shore systems.
In specific terms, you will be:
- Working with key stakeholders to determine the scope of analysis, problem definition and outputs required
- Working with modellers to define modelling approach ,conduct verification & validation of models
- Using models to assess cost, risk and performance associated with different scenarios and develop business cases for options
- Collecting and analysing data (e.g. reliability, availability), identifying trends and drivers of cost and performance
- Building effective working relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders across the enterprise including sub-contractors, CoA, Navy and the wider BAE Systems business
This unique opportunity will help progress your career into analysis, asset management, logistics engineering, ILS, reliability engineering – just to name a few.
We welcome diversity of thought and approach and encourage transferability of education, skills and experience! For that reason, we are open to hearing from people who:
- Come from a maritime environment or other allied industry like mining, power, utilities or infrastructure
- Hold a degree in maths, engineering, science, statistics or similar
- Possesses problem-solving and analytical skills with:
- Ability to interpret, manipulate and visualise data
- Ability to use and apply theoretical knowledge and historical data to current situations
- Ability to understand problems, identify solutions and improve efficiencies
Please address your application to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: https://www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html