Inspector / Calabration | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Dec-2018|
- 12 month fixed term role (Afternoon Shift)
- January 2019 start
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Mechanical Calibration Technician/Inspector in Edinburgh Parks.
In this role you will be responsible for performing the calibration of mechanical measuring instruments and the internal coordination of calibration activities within the mechanical group. This will support the mechanical inspection department by performing inspection activities.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Calibrate all mechanical measuring equipment to a known standard
- Coordinate the recall and delinquency reporting and equipment consolidation
- Be the custodian for all calibrated equipment in manufacturing
- Provide a dedicated service to mechanical personnel
- Perform in process and final inspection activities including Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) programming and operating
- Create calibration reports
- Coordinate minor repair of mechanical measuring equipment
- Maintain and take ownership of internal process instructions
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- A recognised trade in the mechanical field – preferably inspection/calibration in a defence related machine shop environment
- Solid experience in programming and operating Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) – PC DMIS preferred
- Defence related inspection experience
- Familiarity with basic mechanical calibration of measuring equipment
- Formal Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) training or have a demonstrated knowledge of advanced GD&T interpretation
- A strong team focus coupled with a can do attitude
- Strong communication skills and an ability to manage multiple projects at once
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html