Project Manager | NSW-RAAF Base Wagga Wagga
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Dec-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent role based at Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Project Manager to join our team in thriving Wagga Wagga, New South Wales.
From our Defence Aeroskills Training Academy (DATA) at RAAF Base Wagga, we provide initial employment training for over 300 Australian Defence Force (ADF) avionics/electrical, mechanical, structures and armament technicians each year. We also provide training for critical operational support functions, such as aircraft life support equipment and ground support equipment technicians. We meet the requirements of both the ADF training model and the Australian Skills Quality Authority for Registered Training Organisations. Reporting to the Program Manager, as the DATA Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of those services, against the cost and schedule goals.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead and be accountable for DATA project management activities, and assigned staff, to successfully execute the contract
- Manage delegated resources to ensure maximum motivation and productivity, including training, development, resource and succession planning
- Lead and ensure the project teams and sub-contractors achieve the required performance, in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements
- Work with the customer/end user, to define the capability requirements and system change proposals
- Liaise with internal project leads and functional leads to ensure that matrix assigned resources are available and utilised; and forecast future resource requirements
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the external customer and their needs to ensure the project remains in a strong position to capture additional work, and ensure that product and services delivered are in accordance with quality and performance requirements
- Identify project risks and opportunities and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout the project life and monitor and report on the status of risks and opportunities
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A relevant degree qualification and/or substantial relevant experience in project and operational management within an engineering organization, along with demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of systems/products, where these may be complex in nature
- Proven capability of managing significant value sustainment projects
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- A clear understanding and demonstration of Inclusive Leadership
- A high level of drive and commitment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html