Electrical Engineer | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Dec-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your electrical engineering experience to make a difference
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
As an experienced Electrical Engineer, you will support the Australian Military Airspace Communications and Control System (AMACCS) project and will be based at North Ryde.
In more specific terms, you will be involved in:
- Electrical system design and integration
- The design of facility power distributions (inclusive of switchboard design)
- The development and execution of system tests which will ensure that the system conform to its specifications
- Developing and maintaining support system documents (SOPs, Work Instructions, Maintenance Procedures, etc.)
- Independently reviewing peer's work, identifying technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities configuration management, change management and traceability processes
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering and/or RF engineering is preferred
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Experience within the Electrical engineering discipline, ideally gained in a similar environment
- Electronic and/or electrical engineering or technology degree qualified, satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Sound communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with engineers within the project
- An ability to work confidently within a project based team environment
- Self motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance of 'Baseline' and be cleared for International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Experience with Australian Electrical Standards (e.g. AS/NZS 3000/3001) would be highly regarded
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html