Project Administrator | SA-DSTO
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Dec-2018|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
To meet the needs of our growing business, we welcome applications from experienced Project Administrators.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the project team
- Manage travel bookings and prepare travel itineraries for the team
- Act as the first point of contact for the site including the signing in and escorting of visitors and contractors
- Coordinate social functions and events for the team
- Manage expense reconciliation claims in a timely manner
- Respond to internal and external stakeholder enquiries
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies and equipment
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
Whilst not essential, administrative experience with SharePoint would be advantageous.
Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and hold a current NV1 clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html