Personal Assistant | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Dec-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your skill in providing confidential and effective administrative support
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Executive Assistant to join our team in Edinburgh Parks.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing confidential and effective administrative support whilst coordinating office activities such as arranging meetings and appointments.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Promote productive time management and ensure daily diary maintenance, synchronisation of diary, telephone calls and visitors
- Complete monthly expense reconciliations
- Coordinate visitors, ensuring logistics are suitably arranged
- Coordinate international, domestic travel arrangements as appropriate (including record keeping and maintenance in accordance with Travel Policy)
- Prepare agendas for meetings and take minutes as required
- Provide ongoing relief and daily support to others in the Communications team as required, including responding to emails, managing calendars, coordinating meetings and general administrative duties
- Prepare correspondence, reports and presentation material
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and conferences including catering, meeting room bookings and distribution of presentation material
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer relations internally and externally
- Experience in coordinating arrangements for meetings, conferences and official functions and specifically preparing agendas and managing follow-up actions
- Experience in arranging domestic, interstate and overseas travel, preparing itineraries and accommodation requirements
- Superior organisational abilities, time management skills and a flair for coordinating busy diaries
- A can-do attitude and flexible approach to work with the ability to juggle two lines of business
Whilst not essential, relevant tertiary qualifications are desirable.
Applications should be addressed to: Leslie Mercader, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.