Senior RF Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Mar-2019|
SENIOR RF ENGINEER
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your skills in designing and developing electronic systems for defence
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Senior RF Engineer to join our team in Canberra.
You will be responsible for the design and development of electronic and electrical systems in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance. This involves the design, development and implementation of electronic and electrical systems and equipment, including interconnection and integration related to Electronic or electrical systems, installing and managing the electronic and electronic system and equipment against technical, schedule and cost goals.
You will lead an engineering team to deliver a package of engineering work.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Derive electronic and electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and electronic system requirements reviews
- Develop hardware candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Develop optimized electronic/electrical system detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic/electrical system detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined electronic system architecture
- Undertake the translation of the electronic/electrical system design into a manufacturable product and incorporate design for manufacture factors
- Undertake engineering management of the electronic/electrical system manufacture from the hardware implementation
- Undertake the integration and validation of complex electronic and electrical system designs with challenging physical and functional properties and review of integration and validation plans and reports
- Undertake the full qualification of complex electronic and electrical system products including devising solutions to complex qualification problems and review of qualification plans and reports
- Undertake the transition of product development to installation and support including the identification and establishment of support environments including the undertaking of product improvement through the use of fault trend analysis
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Utilise hardware test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems and analysing result
- Manage the planning (cost and schedule), allocation and deployment of team members and workload
- Ensure team size and capability mix is optimized for successful delivery of the work package
- Work within the engineering frameworks set put by engineering management, capability developers and domain experts
- Promote a culture of best practice sharing and knowledge exploitation within own are
- Contribute to business unit and project engineering policy & strategy, input to the IBP
- Provide clear leadership for development of self and engineers in own team
- Personally coach and mentor other engineers in own team
- Promote the development and continuation of successful local supply chain relationships
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience within the hardware engineering discipline
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside immediate team to implement business requirements
- Ability to manage and report against the teams work programmes including analysis of risk
Whilst not essential, a degree in electronic or electrical engineering or related technical discipline would be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html