Drafting Team Leader | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jan-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- New opportunity to blend you drafting and leadership expertise and work on exciting projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
As the Drafting Team Lead, you will be responsible for driving the output of the Drawing team providing leadership, development and training to a small team based on Garden Island, Potts Point. In addition, you will assist interactions with stakeholders and lead responses for support requests.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Manage the drafting team including training, development and performance management to ensure skills and actions of the team are in line with the Drafting Office requirements
- Provide input and lead the evaluation/quotation for incoming tasks/projects
- Manage tasks within the drawing office including the teams budget and schedule performance against agreed commitments and prepare status reports and estimated completion schedules
- Understand the requirements for each task/project and ensure inputs/outputs, risks, skills/expertise are defined
- Ensure output prepared by team meets agreed drafting quality requirements and customer requirements
- Assist in identifying, managing and escalating scope change within tasks and emergent risks/issues
- Assist in standardising drafting activities across the business
- Actively challenge current work standards and assist in the development of process documents/plans and lead the implementation of improvements
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive drafting, technical and leadership experience
- An ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-motivation and the drive to improve current process and solve problems
Whilst not essential, knowledge/understanding of Engineering or Project Management will be highly regarded
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html