Project Controls Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Dec-2018|
- Use your exceptional planning skills in this key role
- Be our Earned Value Management expert
- Based in either Edinburgh Parks, SA or Williamstown, Vic
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. Due to growth, we are seeking an experienced Project Controls Manager to join the team.
As the Project Controls Manager, you will provide subject matter expertise to the operational elements of the business on behalf of the Manager, Project Management Support, with a particular emphasis on the areas of project planning and scheduling, project monitoring and control and earned value management.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Continuously improve project management support processes, procedures and infrastructure across the Australian business
- Support the deployment of the company Earned Value Management System to appropriate projects across the business
- Provide subject matter expertise in the application of scheduling, cost management and risk simulation tools
- Support the development of professional community and provide leadership within the cost schedule analyst function
- Engage with other members of the project management function to ensure alignment with all project management initiatives
- Support the Lifecycle Management phase review process through subject matter expert assessment
- Support the manager, project management resources and professional development in development and delivery of internal training on cost, schedule, scope and risk management
- Support the manager, project management support in the conduct of earned value surveillance reviews and other project management health checks
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in administration and analysis of cost, schedule ,scope and risk in an Earned Value Management based project environment
- An appropriate degree or post graduate level business qualification
- Eligibility for Australian defence security clearance
- Proven ability to work with project management professionals
- Demonstrated problem solving skills that provide cost effective solutions
- Exemplary communication skills with experience of using these skills at a senior level
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html