Risk Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Dec-2018|
- Embed a culture of positive risk management throughout the organisation
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA or Williamstown, Vic
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Risk Manager to join our centralised Project Management Office team.
As the Project Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the development, deployment and continuous improvement of integrated risk and opportunity management within projects and lines of business to support informed decision making. The position is recognised as our subject matter expert on the application of integrated project risk and opportunity management. You will also maintain our project delivery assurance framework and constituent document process sets.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Continuously improve and manage the integrated project risk and opportunity framework (policy, people capability, processes and tools) and its application to support informed decision making
- Provide enterprise-wide specialist support, advice and training for integrated project risk and opportunity management, and specific management techniques such as the application of quantitative analysis techniques (Monte Carlo)
- Coordinate and Chair the Project Risk & opportunity Working Group with membership from across delivery and function organisations
- Develop and maintain the project delivery assurance framework (policies, people capability, processes and tools), while maintaining compliance with internal policy standards;
- Manage the project delivery assurance framework, ensuring an adequate level of capability and capacity across the internal assurance assessor community
- Manage the realisation and maintenance of the project delivery assurance framework tools and internal assurance practitioners
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a project oriented organisation with significant exposure in managing complex projects or programs
- A detailed understanding of risk management, project management methodology, process, tools and continuous improvement techniques
- Experience in managing project assurance frameworks
- An ability to motivate individuals and teams across the business
- A disciplined approach to performance management with strong interpersonal skills to ensure positive intervention outcomes
- An ability to train and mentor personnel in risk management
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities with sensitivity to customer and business requirements.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build and maintain solid stakeholder relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html