System Safety Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Mar-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your excellent stakeholder and communication skills
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented System Safety Engineer to join our team in Newcastle, New South Wales.
As the System Safety Engineer, you will work with the project design and support teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach is taken with respect to the project.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Conduct technical information reviews, determine necessary action and implementation, including specification of design change in a professional manner and in a timeframe that promotes the availability of the LIF aircraft fleet
- Ensure engineering activities are carried out in accordance with the Engineering Management Plan and In-service System Safety Program Plan, appropriately
- Ensure the design standards are not compromised, and documents/artefacts generated are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate authorised data, work instructions, processes and procedures
- Exercise engineering authority for the in-service support of the LIF weapon system, within scope of engineering authorisation
- Ensure any systems issues affecting airworthiness, availability and reliability are brought to the attention of the Airworthiness Manager
- Prepare reports and briefings on the status of the LIF System Safety Program to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain the platform Hazard Log and supporting documentation
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A degree qualification in Engineering or related Scientific field, and substantial direct engineering experience, preferably in a defence environment
- Experience in undertaking a safety engineering program based on MIL-STD-882, or DEF STAN 00-56
- Extensive experience in the use of Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Bow Tie Risk Analysis, or similar tools
- Demonstrated professional integrity, advanced level of technical knowledge, experience, and objectivity
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team, whilst ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved, and a good knowledge of overall systems development lifecycle
- Experience in liaison with customers and sub-contractors on technical and schedule issues
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities, to deliver against customer and business requirements
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html