Solution Architect - Central Functions | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a seasoned Solution Architect join our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Reporting to the Enterprise Architect, the Solution Architect will be responsible for ensuring appropriate technical solutions are designed and implemented as per customer requirements and BAE Systems standards.
This includes the identification and management of use cases and requirements, solution architecture, solution components, selection of technologies, make versus buy assessment, development and integration strategies, and test and acceptance strategies.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead the development and management of the concept and architecture of the solution
- Develop the operational, functional, performance and technical requirements of the solution in accordance with best practice
- Engage and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver an effective solution
- Identify and manage the technical risks associated with the solution development and integration programs
- Liaise with client stakeholders to determine their needs and objectives of the desired system and ensure that all developed designs satisfy end user needs
- Ensure that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer for issues relating to overall technical solution
- Ensure that the elements of the design properly interface with all other elements of the design, infrastructure and operators within its environment
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Extensive and relevant ICT experience
- Business analysis skills and knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience designing and costing large IM&T solutions
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
Whilst not essential, a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related study would be an advantage.
Applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance and cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) regulations.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html