Material Planner | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Jan-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent role, new offices, free parking and opportunities for career progression
- Enjoy an inclusive and flexible culture with an innovation focused company
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a Material Planner to join our team in Henderson WA. Reporting to the Production Planning Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the planning and coordination of material and supply chain activities in support of Defence projects, ensuring availability to meet scheduled and emergent production requirements.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Review and assess tasking statements for total material lists and main work lists
- Assess and action urgent defects material requirements
- Communicate and provide reports on material availability and liaise with relevant stakeholders to expedite as required
- Raise manual deliverable request lists for growth work (unplanned material requirements)
- Perform transfer of materials between projects
- Assist in the management of scrap, lost and damaged processes ensuring approved disposal or resupply of required materials
- Act as the point of contact for schedule impact communication to production
- Support with procurement and supply chain activities as required
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated material planning experience preferably within Defence logistics, heavy manufacturing or the resources sector
- Prior experience using ERP/MRP software systems (AVEVA, Oracle, MILIS, SAP highly desirable)
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in MS Office programs
- Good communication skills and a strong focus on customer service
- Self-motivation with exceptional organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Friday 18 January 2019. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter to your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.