Business Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Business Analyst join our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Reporting to the Lead Business Analyst, the Business Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the clarification of business or customer needs through the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of requirements to contribute to ensure that delivered solutions are appropriate and aligned to the business or customer needs.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop the plan of work through identifying stakeholders, determining analysis techniques and planning analysis activities
- Assist in the requirements management process through eliciting and prioritising business or customer requirements to ensure they accurately reflect the needs of the business or customer, and are managed for traceability, change and reuse
- Assist in the requirements analysis through analysing business or customer requirements to facilitate the determination of feasible, cost effective solutions that will meet business or customer objectives and deliver value
- Contribute to stakeholder communication management through effective expectation and prioritisation management, and mapping of requirements to stakeholder need
- Assist in the validation of solutions against business or customer requirements, and develop and deliver plans for business or customer acceptance
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in an appropriate IT customer service role with demonstrated business analysis experience
- Experience in business analysis spanning across multiple business capability domains (desirable)
- ITIL and Agile qualifications, an advantage
Whilst not essential, a degree in IT, Engineer or a related study would be an advantage.
Applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance and cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) regulations.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html