Business Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Business Analyst in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
You will be responsible for assisting in the clarification of business or customer needs through the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of requirements to contribute to ensure that delivered solutions are appropriate and aligned to the business or customer needs.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop the plan of work through identifying stakeholders, determining analysis techniques and planning analysis activities
- Assist in the requirements management process through eliciting and prioritising business or customer requirements to ensure they accurately reflect the needs of the business or customer, and are managed for traceability, change and reuse
- Assist in the requirements analysis through analysing business or customer requirements to facilitate the determination of feasible, cost effective solutions that will meet business or customer objectives and deliver value
- Contribute to stakeholder communication management through effective expectation and prioritisation management, and mapping of requirements to stakeholder need
- Assist in the validation of solutions against business or customer requirements, and develop and deliver plans for business or customer acceptance
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in an appropriate IT customer service role with demonstrated business analysis experience
- Experience in business analysis spanning across multiple business capability domains (desirable)
- ITIL and Agile qualifications, an advantage
Whilst not essential, a degree in IT, Engineer or a related study would be an advantage.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au