Airframe Structures Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your skill in designing and developing structural systems
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Airframe Structures Engineer to join our successful HAWK Lead-in Fighter 25-year life Program, in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales.
An attractive remuneration package is available, including ongoing mentoring programs and training plans to support your professional development and career progression. You will enjoy a flexible work-life balance whilst developing your career in a global company, with great opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Reporting to the Team Lead, as one of the Airframe Structures Engineers, you will make a significant contribution to the development of aircraft structural systems, in order to ensure aircraft airworthiness and availability. This will involve the design, development and verification of repairs and design artefacts, production support and product delivery, to meet schedule and cost goals.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Undertake Technical Information Review assessing, developing and completing designs, repairs and solutions to aircraft structural problems
- Undertake structural optimised designs to meet project requirements, in accordance with applicable standards, Design Directives and in compliance with the Australian Defence Airworthiness regulatory framework
- Undertake design review and checking of drawings and calculations undertaken by fellow team members
- Lead and manage structural tasks of assigned projects in accordance with budget, schedule and priority
- Attend team and project meetings, design reviews and peer review project documents, as required
- Ensure all documents and artefacts generated are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions, including compliance with the required product change management and quality control processes
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in aeronautical or mechanical engineering, with demonstrated professional competencies to satisfy the entry requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated experience within an aerospace structural engineering discipline, including experience in: design of structures; development of aircraft structural repairs and structural stress analysis; and fatigue
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- An ability to work to deadlines with a flexible, determined and resourceful approach
- An ability to work in a team environment promoting the culture of the organisation, with a high level of integrity
- Self-motivation and an ability to work autonomously
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.