Structures Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Feb-2019|
- Utilise your skill in designing and developing structural systems
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Structural Engineer to join our team in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales.
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be responsible for the design and development of structural systems. This will involve the design, development and verification of design artefacts, production support and product delivery, to schedule and cost goals.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Undertake structural detailed designs to meet project requirements and in accordance with applicable standards and design directives
- Undertake site inspections and verifications, as required
- Attend project meetings, present structural designs and seek accord on structural forms, as required
- Provide regular status information to supervisors and project authorities, as required
- Incorporate post design changes, as required from production department or client
- Ensure all documents and artefacts are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions, including compliance with the required product change management and quality control processes
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in aerospace, civil, or mechanical engineering with demonstrated professional competencies to satisfy the entry requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated experience within an aerospace structural engineering discipline including experience in: design of structures; structural analysis using finite element packages; noise/acoustic analysis; development of shock and vibration test requirements
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with a flexible, determined and resourceful approach to work
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Leslie Mercader , Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.