Quality Technician | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Support quality related inspection, testing and other activities
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Senior Quality Technician to join our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
You will be responsible for providing support and guidance to the delivery of a broad range of planned quality activities designed to provide assurance to management, that quality practices are effectively deployed across the project and line of business.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Contribute to the quality policy, strategy, objectives and processes
- Coordinate stakeholders to ensure quality has an effective input to total performance
- Understand quality practices and the code of conduct
- Support the delivery of quality focused process improvement projects or within work within teams
- Ensure the accuracy and currency of objective quality evidence relating to the project, site, team, product, process and service
- Support understanding and awareness of quality tools and techniques across the business
- Liaise with customers and other quality representatives to provide required assurance
- Ensure data and information is accurate, current and timely
- Support awareness programs in relation to quality policies, processes and frameworks across the business including creation of appropriate communications, training and support information
- Perform product, process, service progressive and confirmation inspections, test witnessing and supplier surveillance audits
- Use product or service inspection and test plans to ensure all the contractual, regulatory and safety requirements are met
- Report verification and validation activities completed on deliverable products and services
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience as a Quality Technician
- Experience in mechanical, electrical or electronic manufacturing
- Good knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret specifications and engineering drawings, including geometry tolerances
- Ability to interact effectively with peers within and outside the immediate team, to implement business improvement requirement
- Membership with a professional accreditation body such as Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) Practitioner, desired
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word and Excel
- Familiarity in ISO9001, Defence and Civil Technical Regulatory Framework an advantage
Whilst not essential, a mechanical, electronic or electrical trade certificate would be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 2 Security Clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html