Commercial Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2019|
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Commercial Officer to join our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA
As the Commercial Officer you will be accountable for providing commercial support within defined delegations to assist the project teams in effectively managing on-going projects and new business.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to project managers on all commercial nature issues
- Undertake the administration of BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures, including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Review customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Set in place licences and agreements in accordance with Import/Export requirements, including but not necessarily limited to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Australian Customs and Defence Export Control Office (DECO) requirements
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in business, law, commerce or similar, however previous commercial experience in the absence of a tertiary qualification may still be considered
- Experience performing a similar commercial role within a similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with engineers, technical officers and drafts people
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to be able to build and maintain relationships and negotiate effectively
- Previous experience to ASDEFCON or other defence contracts will be an advantage but not essential
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Leslie Mercader, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html