Information Architect | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jan-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you will enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a seasoned Information Architect join our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Reporting to the Enterprise Architect, the Information Architect will be responsible for the overall design of the enterprise information architecture, across multiple data types (structured, semi structured and unstructured), balancing the need for access against security and performance requirements.
This position focuses primarily on enterprise information requirements: design, access, usage and stewardship. It requires an understanding of emerging regulatory issues surrounding information assets (such as consumer privacy laws, data retention policies, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines).
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture, develop a metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise information architecture project artefacts
- Oversee mapping of enterprise information architecture models to package application models, to determine impact or assess suitability of vendor solutions to enterprise information architecture requirements
- Facilitate the mapping and auditability of information assets as they flow from upstream legacy, package, or custom development
- Facilitate the definition of integrative and canonical views of data or information across multiple content types
- Participate in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information use, security, access and governance (including defining accountabilities in support of data quality mandates)
- Ensure existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise
- Ensure the enterprise information architecture maps to the enterprise architecture
- Ensure a focus on information/data quality by developing and publishing enterprise data standards
- Construct, refine and maintain information models, as needed, to meet business requirements
- Ensure timely and appropriate information models exist to aid projects
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience in IT and information design
- Experience in creating information policy to support effective design of information systems and use of information across the enterprise
- Experience with various information modelling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams or create, read, update and delete matrices)
Whilst not essential, a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related study would be an advantage.
Applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance and cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) regulations.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html